Careers and Enterprise at Henry Tyndale School
Aims & Vision
We aim to ensure a high quality of vocational and careers education for young people with special educational needs, to be delivered in a meaningful and appropriate way for their needs and circumstances.
Through the Education, Health & Care plans at the centre, we work with students, parents and carers to articulate their aspirations for adult life to enable us to support them to gain the skills needed for their adult life goals.
At Henry Tyndale students access a range of curriculum opportunism to support careers education:
- Vocational Education lessons at a local FE college to support students to identify their skills, interests and talents.
- Work Related Learning opportunities offering meaningful vocational experience on site.
- A varied programme of Social Enterprise Activities
- Off Site Work Experience at local businesses and charities, including job coaching to support students to excel at these placements
- Experiential work education for learners
- Functional literacy and maths
- Access to link work with a local post 16 college and secondary schools
- Accreditations to support progress and recognise achievements
- Moving On events to support presenting opportunities which students can access